Yuletide Horror Beta 2 Is Now Live
To opt into this beta, join the “preview” branch available in the Beta drop-down list. Admins will need to use the following SteamCMD flag:
- app_update 232130 -beta preview
- Happy holidays from the Horzine team as we present our seasonal Yuletide Horrors update! Take a perilous stroll through Sanitarium and uncover its dark, ritualistic secrets while dispatching the holiday horrors skulking through its maniacal hallways. But don’t stop there! You can thwart the Patriarch’s plans to clone a legion of Zeds in the Biotics Lab Objective game mode. Seems a bit much to get done on top of decorating and gift wrapping? Don’t worry, the Horzine team developed a few new handy dandy weapons to knock the socks off those pesky, ravenous elves! As you deck the halls with guts and blood, wear some holiday cheer with our many new cosmetics that’ll put even your own grandmother’s sweater to shame! Tis the season to be slaying, and from the Horzine team, we wish you all a grand, bloody-good time!
- Beta 2 Start 11/19/2019, Beta 2 End on the final release
Addressed Community Feedback
As mentioned in the 2018 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of QOL changes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any QOL changes you believe should be added to the game by submitting your feedback in the ‘general’ section on our official forums at: Killing Floor 2 Official Forums[forums.tripwireinteractive.com]
- Plasma Cannon turn rate while firing increased by 29%.
- Plasma Cannon damage reduced by 30%.
Designer Note :
There was a lot of feedback concerns that the Plasma Cannon special move can be too unforgiving unless you are able to locate cover. As such, we reduced its damage down to allow players more time to react to it. To compensate for the reduction of damage, we boosted the turn rate while she is firing the Plasma Cannon to allow her to better track players with it.
- HRG Incision
- Removed Zed weak spot lock-on.
- Increased base damage of primary fire from 350 to 400
- Ammo price per magazine increased from 11 to 14.
- Starting spare magazines upon Trader purchase reduced from 14 to 12.
- HRG Winterbites
- Removed freeze affliction from the impact. This will reduce the freeze application rate by ~29% for shots that directly hit Zeds. The explosions will continue to have the same freeze application rate.
- Base damage of impact increased from 30 to 40.
- Ammo price per magazine increased from 10 to 12 for Single.
- Ammo price per magazine increased from 20 to 24 for Dual.
- Mosin Nagant
- Fire rate increased by 15%.
- Block damage mitigation reduced from 50% to 40%.
- Parry damage mitigation reduced from 60% to 50%.
- Riot Shield & Glock 18
- Block damage mitigation increased from 50% to 60%.
- Bash impact damage increased from 25 to 35.
- HRG Incision
Designer Note :
We removed the HRG Incision’s weak spot lock-on capabilities. There were multiple recommendations from the community survey to remove it as it made the weapon gameplay feel too simplistic and unrewarding. There was also a lot of concerns that the damage output for the weapon felt a little underwhelming, so to compensate for the removal of the lock-on functionality and address the damage concern, we boosted the damage of the primary fire. We are also taking note of the EMP affliction and will keep an eye on this for future adjustments.
The HRG Winterbites provide a strong, early, and cheap method to freeze Zeds. As such, there was a lot of concern that the freeze affliction was too good, especially against the larger Zeds, such as the Scrake and Fleshpound. We removed the freeze affliction on the impacts to help alleviate this concern. It should feel harder to freeze large Zeds while closely maintaining its previous freeze rate for smaller Zeds. We also increased the damage of the projectile impacts to address feedback that the damage output felt too low.
The Mosin Nagant’s fire rate has been increased to help alleviate concerns that it felt just a bit too slow on fire to be as effective as other weapons. Its damage reduction on block and parry has been adjusted down as the previous values felt a tad too high and allowed for effective reduction of a lot of damage.
The Riot Shield aspect of the Riot Shield & Glock 18 felt underwhelming, and we decided to increase its damage mitigation to allow players to absorb more damage. We also boosted the damage of the bash impact. This damage increase should deal enough damage to kill crawlers if they are the primary target struck by the shield.
As always, we’d like to hear the community’s feedback on these changes. You can do so by visiting and posting in the ‘general’ section on the official Tripwire Interactive forums at: Killing Floor 2 Official Forums[forums.tripwireinteractive.com]
Also mentioned in the 2018 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of community reported bug fixes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any bugs you discover by visiting our official forums at: Killing Floor 2 Official Forums[forums.tripwireinteractive.com]and posting in the ‘PC’ or ‘Console’ sections.
Top Community Issues:
- Fixed an issue with the Matriarch’s weak spot that would prevent the Rack ‘em Up Perk skill from working correctly.
- Refined the hit box on the Matriarch’s claw so that it matches with the visual more accurately.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Sanitarium map from being searched for in the VS Survival game mode when using Create a Match
- Resolved an issue that caused servers to sometimes lose their Server Takeover flag when set to play maps in Objective Mode.
- Fixed an issue where achievements were not granted to all players who participated in killing a boss.
- Fixed an issue where Seasonal Objective progress was not tracking correctly on the Sanitarium map.
- Fixed an issue which caused some melee weapon swing animations and damage values to not sync up as intended.
- Fixed an issue where some of the Matriarch’s audio would not play during her intro cinematic.
- Refined the audio priorities for the Matriarch’s attack warnings so that they should not get cut off by other sound effects.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Matriarch not to use her special attacks if she was attacking a player in melee range.
- Relocated the Matriarch’s affliction effects so that they could more easily be seen when her helmet is on.
- The Matriarch’s boss music is now included when fighting her.
- Biotics Lab Objective Mode
- Removed visible debug text displayed during the boss wave.
- Corrected objective trail colors on waves 5 and 8.
- Fixed issues where in some cases mission dialogue would not not play.
- Added missing water effects to cinematics.
- Fixed multiple player stuck spots and areas that Zeds could not path to.
- Audio fixes for missing and incorrectly playing sound effects.
- Fixed multiple lighting and visual effect issues in the environment.
- Fixed issues with trap interactions.
- Riot Shield & Glock 18
- Fixed an issue with bullet tracers not being properly aligned.
- Fixed an issue which caused an incorrect fire rate for single fire mode.
- Mosin Nagant
- Fixed an issue which caused inconsistent damage when stabbing a Zed.
- Corrected the weapon stats displayed in the Trader Pod.
- HRG Wintebite
- Fixed the weapon incorrectly receiving damage bonuses from the Demolitionist Perk.
- Fixed an issue with the dropped weapon model showing two pistols when only one was dropped.
- Fixed an alignment issue with the Ion Thruster’s Lucifer skin.
As always, thank you for your continued support!