Travel quickly across the snowy tundra on a Snowfox, hide from terrifying beasts, explore two new biomes, and more in the latest update to Subnautica: Below Zero Early Access. Check out the Snowfox Update site to learn more!
- Snowfox vehicle
- Chelicerate & Snow Stalker
- Two new, beautiful biomes
- New fishy friends and foes
- Seatruck Sleeper and Docking Modules, Perimeter Upgrade
- Pinnable recipes
- New music
- Additional improvements and fixes
The Snowfox is the first above-water vehicle in the Subnautica universe. Travel quickly over land, all without touching the ground! The Snowfox can be upgraded with a jump module (coming soon), and comes with a speed boost ability built in. Build a Snowfox Hoverpad (with power) to craft the Snowfox and customize it however you like!
A new beast appears on land in the latest update. A deadly creature with long claws and a powerful charge, Snow Stalkers are aggressive and best avoided. Especially when they are with their offspring!
Beautiful no matter the weather, the new Glacial Basin biome is home to an array of creatures including the Snow Stalker. Teeming with icy nooks to explore, this biome has a lot to uncover.
Lurking in the new Purple Vents biome, the Chelicerate is a Leviathan-class creature with a nasty bite. Not much is known about this massive monster of the water.
Explore the hauntingly beautiful Purple Vents biome, a shallow-depth environment. Underground thermal activity erupts into bright purple particulate, providing the perfect ecosystem for many creatures.
Three new additions to The Seatruck are now available; The Sleeper Module, the Docking Module, and the Perimeter Upgrade.
You can find out about upcoming updates in all sorts of ways. Sign up to the Development Newsletter to receive word every time an update is released. Follow the Unknown Worlds and Subnautica: Below Zero Steam groups to get a notification on Steam. You can also:
- See update sneak peaks by following @Subnautica on Twitter
- Get live source code changes by following @SubnauticaSCM on Twitter
- See update news on Facebook
- Watch update summary videos on YouTube
- Satisfy underwater Instagram craving by following @Subnautica
- See our task lists & milestones on Favro
- Chat with fellow divers in the Subnautica Discord server
Enjoy, and happy diving!