Patch 1.0.6 is live!
The primary focus of this release is addressing the top crashes we are seeing out in the wild. This patch also contains some performance improvements and other bug fixes.
Also, in case you missed it, we updated our roadmap today to reveal what the first three post 1.0 updates will be! You can read all about them here: ASTRONEER ROADMAP
- Fixed several of our most commonly reported crashes increasing overall stability. Most notably, we have fixed crash which would occur when saving a game, causing that save game to be corrupted. Saved games affected by this issue should once again become playable after installing this update.
- Made additional performance improvements to the Terrain system, specifically when deforming a lot of terrain.
- [AS-5878] – Fixed a bug where Research Samples attached to the bottom of Hazards would fall through terrain when the Hazard was dug up.
- [AS-5925] – Fixed an issue where Clients would not see the appropriate Oxygenator state in Multiplayer games.
- [AS-5931] – Fixed a bug where undermining large EXO wrecks would cause them to jitter around wildly while they look for a stable resting spot.
- [AS-6062] – Fixed a collision issue on some of the larger rocks and formations found on Vesania.
- [AS-6088] – Fixed a bug where Hazards would be destroyed too quickly when dug up. The fix changes unburying behavior across the entire game to be more consistent for all objects.
- [AS-6124] – Fixed a bug that caused foliage to shrink in place when harvesting with the Terrain Tool at maximum range
- Made a few more small changes to how often we report back Achievement progress to our back end service. This should have no outward impact on the game, but will stabilize the connection to the service.
- Client desync and performance drops on all platforms. (Update: We are working furiously to ease the pressure on the host machine in order to fix this. Turns out MANY non relevant items were being rendered (items below ground in caves for example) so we are working on implementing an unreal engine feature that will help this issue tremendously)
- Exiting Tractors will sometimes cause clients to catapult into space and subsequently suffocate. (Update: Verified that is happens when pressing “enter” twice before entering. Should be fixed in next week’s update)
- Vehicles will sometimes not respond to input, causing repeated enters and exits before resuming normal operation (Update: turns out this might happen when other inputs are held while entering. Should be fixed in next week’s patch)
- Some modified terrain nodes will sometimes lose collision, causing players to quicksand into them. (Still debugging this issue. Seems like deformation is causing terrain node math to get into a weird state. Hoping to have this fixed next week)
- Crashing on loading before the start menu (This seems to impact players on windows 7. If you are having this problem there is a workaround you can use while we work on the fix.
- If you crash while in a shuttle in orbit, the shuttle will remain in orbit and your starting point might get broken.
Looking forward to crushing all of these gameplay bugs and continuing to improve performance next week!