Jet Powered Update Hotfix 1.20.2
Hey all! This hotfix is right on the edge of a hotfix and an update, as we are including some changes to the Jet Powered update that should help make sure the update is working as intended.
- Increased likelihood of getting 2 or 3 EXO chips from an EXO Cache
- Dynamite can now spawn on wrecked rovers and platform POIs
- Increased server bandwidth limits, which should result in improved connection and load times on dedicated servers
- Improved terrain performance on dedicated servers
- Hoverboard and VTOL now appear in the catalog with the explainer that Mission completion is required to unlock them
- Updated some of the mission description text to make objective requirements clearer
While we really like EXO Chips, especially because they add some gameplay for Dynamite, we also want to make sure that people don’t feel like their hard work opening caches was not yielding enough of a reward. The tuning changes should make sure that you should be receiving more chips more often. EXO Chips are just another new resource, but with a different way of obtaining them!
Also, while we didn’t talk about this in the initial update, we are exploring ways we can add more options for obtaining chips for those Astroneers who really don’t want to leave their bases. More on that soon!
The following are still known issues as of version 1.20.274.0:
- [AS-15682] There may still be some instances where mission objects don’t spawn on Vesania or Desolo, however in these cases the mission objectives should auto-complete to avoid being unable to complete the mission.
- [AS-15762] There are a few item and resource tooltips in the tutorial that are missing translations for non-English languages
The following bugs have been fixed as of version 1.20.274.0:
- [AS-15366] Vehicle Data Recorders and EXO Caches can now be blown up by dynamite that is not directly attached to it
- [AS-15682] Players whose Data Recorders and MATs fail to spawn should now have their objective auto-complete to unstick their mission progress
- [AS-15654] Updated some of the mission description text to make objective requirements clearer
- [AS-15256] Fixed a bug where objects would not be destroyed by dynamite if detonated with more than one piece of dynamite attached
- [AS-15661] Fixed a bug in the hologram tooltips for Wolframite and Titanite, which incorrectly stated they were produced by a smelting furnace
- [AS-15668] Fixed a spelling error in English in the mission objective for the “Through the Looking Glass” mission
- [AS-15711, AS-15713] Fixed a bug where several mission descriptions and objectives were missing their non-English translations
- [AS-15666, AS-15669, AS-15703] Fixed some resource translation errors across several languages
- [AS-15599] Fixed an issue with the VTOL where the camera would clip through when landing on a non-terrain surface
- [AS-15600] Fixed a bug where the VFX on the VTOL thrusters were slightly misaligned while flying
- [AS-15602] Fixed the VTOL tooltip to be more centered on the VTOL object
- [AS-15603] The VTOL can no longer take off when not on a planet
- [AS-15635] Starting Medium printers now include the VTOL after it is unlocked
- [AS-15659] The VTOL no longer floats in place after being deactivated while flying, and no longer loses all of its forward momentum when it falls
- [AS-15660] Held inputs will now reset when a player exits the VTOL
Thanks to everyone who has been playing with the new vehicles and giving feedback! Player numbers are still super high right now and we are so so excited that people are having lots of fun with the new content.