Freight Transit Line
You’ll now find train entrances scattered across the world, typically you’ll find entrances next to existing monuments. Upon the first inspection, they may not appear to be anything special but after venturing inside deep below the terrain, you’ll now find a vast rail network with drivable workcarts.
When entering the train entrances you’ll notice the huge spiral staircases penetrating deep into the terrain, central to the stairs you’ll find a much quicker, but perhaps less safe elevator shaft.
Everything in Rust wants you dead, these tunnels are no exception. Upon reaching the bottom of the shafts you’ll encounter some not so friendly tunnel dwellers. From this point forward you’ll likely to encounter many more dwellers if you decide to continue exploring.
With risk comes reward, while the dwellers may be unwelcoming the loot they protect could well worth the risk.
After exploring the shafts and tunnels you’ll finally be standing at the rail platform. On each platform, you’ll encounter more dwellers but increasingly better loot.
At the end of each platform, you’ll find a driveable workcart.
Consider this a first pass of a new dungeon system. Everything here is procedurally generated and we plan to add new track segments, bespoke entrances at each monument, puzzles, new NPCs, and eventually use this system to procedurally generate the cave network.
Each station of the Freight Transit Line will have two workcarts facing opposite directions. Running on Low Grade Fuel, these can be used to rapidly traverse the map. There are 6 throttle settings (3 forward and 3 reverse) and the vehicle will remain in operation even after you depart the cabin.
You may also encounter NPC barricades deep in the tunnel system. Be sure to slow down when approaching as hitting barricades or other work carts at high speeds will damage your workcart. Don’t worry though, when a collision is imminent, a proximity alarm will sound and you can adjust the throttle accordingly. Barricades can be broken through without damage to your cart if approached at low speed.
If you encounter a track junction, you can use your left or right strafe key to choose which track to follow. Lastly, damage will slow the speed of a workcart and it can be repaired with a hammer for metal fragments.
Test your luck with 3 new Slot Machines in the gambling room of Bandit Town. To operate the Slot Machine you need to mount it and then deposit Scrap to start betting.
Each bet is 10 Scrap and the payouts range anywhere from 3 to 6k Scrap. Be sure to grab your winnings and any unused betting Scrap before leaving. Good luck!
As I’m sure many people are aware, there are quite a few issues with the server browser. You will likely never be able to see every Rust server out there due to the how Steam implements this functionality, but it can be improved. I made a few internal changes to the server browser to improve discoverability of servers:
- Empty servers are now hidden by default
Unless you’re on the official, friends, history, or favorites tabs (they will always be shown here)
Note: This means you will need to enable showing empty servers sometimes
- The “Show Empty” filter will now apply filtering within Steam
This means when “Show Empty” is off you should see no empty servers and see more of them
Toggling the “Show Empty” filter will force a refresh of the community and modded tabs
We also made the tags look less terrible. We’re working towards a UI refresh for the server browser so the filtering will improve even more in the future. We’re also always working on cleaning up the server list to remove servers that are spamming, advertising, or lying to try and get ahead.
Whilst looking through the server profiles recently, We noticed that certain entities were updating and sending data more than they needed to. Two of the biggest offenders were entities with buoyancy (boats) and horses. Now we try our best to not update them if there aren’t any players around or they aren’t in use.
Combining these fixes with some fixes that Jarryd made with entity flag networking, servers should handle more players a bit better both in terms of CPU and bandwidth usage.
Players abusing Steam family share to circumvent bans and other malicious behaviour is not uncommon, on February 17th we disable Steam family sharing for the foreseeable future.
We currently have no plans to re-enable Steam family share.
Healing 3rd Person Animations Bandage and syringe 3rd person animations when used on another player
Oilrig RF Frequency Fixed Oilrig RF constantly enabled
Smoother Horse Movement Smoother horse movement when traversing bumpy terrain
Mixing Table Box Due to popular demand you can now place a small box under the mixing table
Marketplace Flat Fee Marketplace now charges a flat fee for delivery instead of per quantity
Compound Monument Spawn The compound will no longer spawn in the arctic / snow biome
Puzzle Loot Reset All puzzle room loot is destroyed before respawning – no half looted boxs
Substation Radiation Radiation is now removed from all roadside subtations
Skin Picker Update Skin picker now places the last picked skin to the front of the queue after closing UI.
Starting from today till March 11th Twitch drops are enabled for Rust Twitch streamers. You can earn special and unique skins simply by watching your favourite Rust Twitch streamers.
We’ve teamed up with blooprint, Ricoy, Bnans, Willjum, deathwingua, Shroud, Swales, iRiskpvp, albin, r00t, Vice Versa Gaming and TwinkleCave to bring you special unique drops which can only be earned by watching their channels
Learn more at twitch.facepunch.com.
- Added Rail Network
- Added Rail Monument
- Added Workcart
- Added Slot Machines to Bandit Town
- Thompson viewmodel – Fixed finger clipping on admire anim
- Bow viewmodel – Fixed thumb clipping through glove meshes
- Bow 3p – fix for incorrect arrow material, updated arrow model
- Medical syringe viewmodel – Fixed floating elements during anims
- Fixed sometimes not being able to throw Mace
- Fixed missing downloadable workshop meshes for Jackhammer
- Fixed bandage and syringe 3rd person animations not playing when using these items on another player
- Fixed item spend notifications not appearing (while repairing, building and upgrading)
- Fixed Dropbox deployment difficulty on stone walls
- Fixed heavy helmet overlay covering chat UI
- Fixed RFBroadcaster stackable
- Fixed wind generator volume prevent building and deploy volume mismatches causing confusing behaviour
- Fixed fridge excessively large prevent building volume
- Fixed XL neon signs blocking windows
- Fixed heavily charged batteries displaying incorrect time remaining (used 12h format)
- Fixed constant RF spam at oil rig
- Jackhammer viewmodel – Added admire anim
- Jackhammer 3p – Updated pose and anims
- Sheet Metal Gloves Skinnable
- Vending machines at different heights will now group together on the map
- Marketplace now charges a flat fee for delivery instead of per quantity
- Improved server and network performance for Boats
- Removed radiation from road side substations
- Holding RF Transmitter no longer flags the player as hostile
- Allow small box placement under mixing table
- Stricter large swimming pool volumes
- Reduced Gong crafting cost
- Smoother horse movement when traversing bumpy terrain
- All puzzle room loot is destroyed before respawning – no half looted boxs