- Uncover the mysteries of the all-new, fully voiced Crashed Ship story
- Enjoy the finalized soundtrack as you travel biome-to-biome
- Utilize the improved Prawn Suit controls throughout your adventuring
- Experience our most stable version of the game to-date with even more bug fixes
- Check out the added gamepad and rumble support
Have you ever found yourself wondering about the crew of the Mercury II whilst you trawl the wreckage scattered across the ocean floor? Wonder no more! You can now discover fully-voiced logs in the Mercury II wrecks that will provide more insight into the crew aboard… and their fate.
Below Zero’s soundtrack, composed by Ben Prunty, is now fully integrated in-game. Every biome now features a rich and atmospheric track to deepen your immersion in the world of 4546B!
The Prawn Suit has more maneuverability than ever before with the addition of a horizontal boost, as well as improvements and refinement to existing Prawn Suit upgrade modules, such as the Torpedo Arm.
Thanks to all of your incredible feedback and bug reporting, the team has been hard at work squashing bugs for this latest release. With the Seaworthy update, you’ll be able to play the most stable version of the game yet!
What’s that waddling across the bottom of your screen? While you wait for Below Zero to load, a cute little Pengling will walk along the loading bar. It may stumble a few times, but don’t worry, no Penglings were harmed during the loading process!
With this final Early Access update, we’re bringing Steam Cloud support to Below Zero. You can utilize Steam Cloud to upload your saved games and download it to any computer with the same Steam account upon launching the game. So, if you need to move from computer-to-computer, taking your lived in saves with you has never been easier.
Note: If you have local save games on multiple computers, we recommend disabling Steam Cloud and manually merging your files before syncing.
Below Zero now has added gamepad support. If you prefer to traverse the waters of 4546B using the gamepad of your choice, it should now provide a seamless experience. Rumble support is also available for Xbox controllers only.
Oh, and we have just one more little announcement: Subnautica: Below Zero is coming to all platforms on May 14th! We want to extend our thanks to all Subnauts for your patience as we finalized the release date. We can’t wait to bring the game to everyone playing on PC and console. And once again, we appreciate all of your support and feedback throughout the Early Access process.
You can find out about upcoming updates in all sorts of ways. Sign up to the Development Newsletter to receive word every time an update is released. Follow the Unknown Worlds and Subnautica: Below Zero Steam groups to get a notification on Steam. You can also:
- See update sneak peaks by following @Subnautica on Twitter
- Get live source code changes by following @SubnauticaSCM on Twitter
- See update news on Facebook
- Watch update summary videos on YouTube
- Satisfy underwater Instagram craving by following @Subnautica
- See our task lists & milestones on Favro
- Chat with fellow divers in the Subnautica Discord server
Enjoy, and happy diving!