Update 1.18 is Live!
r/Astroneer – Update 1.18 Patch Notes!
Emote Selection Wheel
A new selection UI has been added for emotes. The new UI provides a visual preview of each assigned emote, and paves the way for more than four assignable emotes in the future. It also gives gamepad users access to a fourth assignable emote at long last!
- The wheel is activated with the [G] key on keyboard, or the [D-pad Up] button on gamepad.
- Emotes are selected with the [Mouse] or [Right Thumbstick], and activated by clicking with the [Left Mouse Button] or [Right Trigger], or by releasing the emote wheel key/button while an emote is selected.
Astropedia Quick Access
A number of objects in the game now have quick access to relevant Astropedia information. When viewing a tooltip of one of these items, long press to open the Astropedia. These items include:
- All ingredient holograms.
- Pieces of debris.
- Planets in the shuttle view.
Updated Astropedia Information
Numerous Astropedia pages have been added or updated with more relevant information.
- Automation Items (Auto Arm, Auto Extractor, and Canisters)
- Logic Items (Sensors, Motion Sensors, and Repeaters)
- Alternate Crafting Modules (Soil Centrifuge, Shredders, and Trade Platform)
- All Planet pages have been given an update, giving more information about resources available on that planet and where to find them.
- All Resource pages have been updated to give more information on how to acquire each of the resources (locations, modules, etc).
Astroneer’s Second Anniversary
We’re officially two years old this February! To celebrate, players logging in during a particular timeframe will receive a unique party hat. Watch our socials for more details!
Nugget Updates: Visually upgraded resource nuggets, with the potential for performance improvements
- Make Some Noise! Emote
- Mind Blown Emote
- Applause Emote
- Giddy Clapping Emote
- Orbital Headlamp Hat
- R.S.V.P Mask
- Glitterati Palette
- Evening Attire Palette
- Arcadia Palette
- Disco Fever Visor
- Blackout Visor
The following bugs have been fixed as of version 1.18:
- [AS-13740] Fixed an issue where printers were not auto-pulling resources directly from canisters and crafting modules on the same platform
- [AS-13713] Fixed an issue where auto arms were not placing resources onto printers
- [AS-12193] Fixed an issue where the Catalog descriptions for items exclusive to Creative Mode were incorrectly cased
- [AS-11164] Fixed a bug where the EXO Dynamics Outreach Participant and Let Me Borrow This Just a Second achievements were not unlocking when earned on Dedicated Servers
- [AS-7683] Fixed a bug in multiplayer where clients would continue to hear printer sound effects if they left the area before the printer finished printing
- [AS-7367] Fixed bug in multiplayer where the client would never hear sound effects for the worklight when it was turned on or off.
- [AS-7356] Fixed an issue in the Resources section of Astropedia where text boxes would overlap resource images in some languages (German, Dutch, Japanese).
System Era Merch Store: Today we are launching our online store! Expect lots of fun and unique items to come to the store in the coming months!
See you all in February when we reveal the first updates on our 2021 Roadmap!