- Experience the beginning of an all-new story and intro cinematic
- Explore the extensively reworked Glacial Basin
- Interact with the new cold mechanics and avoid hypothermia
- Discover new Snowball interactions with the Snow Stalkers
- Encounter escalating weather conditions
- Uncover further improvements and polish to existing biomes
- Enjoy crisper, and more clear in-game text
Start your brand new adventure on Planet 4546B with a revamped story and intro cinematic. As you crash land on the surface a new mystery awaits you, with further secrets to uncover about Alterra and Robin’s sister, Sam. But a familiar presence is also waiting deep beneath the surface…
Explore and traverse the cavernous, newly reworked Glacial Basin biome. With more nooks and crannies to uncover, the Basin now merges more seamlessly with underwater experiences via Glacial Bay.
Avoiding hypothermia while exploring the surface of the planet is now a concern with the introduction of cold mechanics. Make sure to plot out routes and take an abundance of coffee on your adventures] to stave off the chill. Weather conditions also naturally escalate, so keep one eye out for any snowstorms slowly rolling in.
Take time out to rediscover and explore the Thermal Vents and Lilypad Connection biomes. With further polish and improvements, these biomes are now more vibrant and varied, with additional detailing work to the terrain.
Utilize this Precursor technology in order to access your Quantum Locker storage across the planet, wherever you place them.
Wondering about the status and durability of your items? Keep an eye on your power usage with newly introduced status indicators, which will visually prompt you when they need a little care and attention.
On the hunt for resource-rich areas? Keep an eye out for ore veins in Arctic Spires and Glacial Basin, which will now provide increased materials for all of your crafting needs.
The dual-use Snowballs can be life saving in more than one instance. A well-timed throw can distract a Snowstalker, to facilitate your quick escape. But they can also be utilized in the new water purification tablets, providing you with a new water source and keep you from dehydrating.
The fearsome Ice Worm has all new interactions and animations to uncover, as you attempt to cross its treacherous territory. But this leviathan-class creature doesn’t just have its sights set on you.
Worried about losing your way on the surface? You can now place Beacons above ground, so you can mark out any important areas that you’d like to easily rediscover.
Below Zero’s text is now crisper and cleaner than ever, thanks to an all-new update that improves readability.
You can find out about upcoming updates in all sorts of ways. Sign up to the Development Newsletter to receive word every time an update is released. Follow the Unknown Worlds and Subnautica: Below Zero Steam groups to get a notification on Steam. You can also:
- See update sneak peaks by following @Subnautica on Twitter
- Get live source code changes by following @SubnauticaSCM on Twitter
- See update news on Facebook
- Watch update summary videos on YouTube
- Satisfy underwater Instagram craving by following @Subnautica
- See our task lists & milestones on Favro
- Chat with fellow divers in the Subnautica Discord server
Enjoy, and happy diving!