Patch 1.0.7 is live!
The primary focus of this release was to address as many major gameplay issues as possible that have been reported over the last couple of weeks, as well as a fix for Xbox / Windows 10 players who could no longer access cosmetic items they have unlocked through progression.
- Fixed more of our most commonly reported crashes increasing overall stability.
- [AS-6164] – Fixed a major issue where vehicles would decide to take an unwelcome nap, and would remain stationary despite being powered.
- [AS-5572] – Fixed a major issue in Multiplayer that would cause Client Player’s camera to be launched into space if the “Enter” command was pressed multiple times when entering a seat.
- [AS-6127] – Added some guards and performance improvements to address the issue which occurred most often on lower end machines causing picked up and dropped items to fall through the terrain. There may still be some visible stuttering on lower end specs, but items should no longer be irretrievably lost.
- [AS-6103] – “Up By the Roots” achievement should now become unlocked by unearthing Popcoral
- [AS-6243] – Fixed a major issue where Players on Xbox / Win 10 would no longer see their unlocked cosmetic options as of version 220.127.116.11. The underlying issue had to do with the platform not properly communicating with our backend service and therefore not being able to pull down a player’s inventory. Actual player inventory was not affected and all items should be rightfully restored in the UI view as of version 18.104.22.168.
- [AS-6070] – Fixed a major issue in Multiplayer that occurred when a Client Player disconnected a rover train the Host was driving, the towed vehicle could no longer be driven by any players.
- [AS-6218] – Remove the use key quick stow capability
- [AS-5857] – Fixed an issue in Multiplayer games where Terrain would be briefly invisible for Client Players when joining a Multiplayer game. Included in this fix are other improvements to the load / join experience which should result in a more consistent experience throughout the game.
- [AS-6180] – Fixed a rare Multiplayer issue that would cause a rover train to become disconnected when Client Player drove the train.
- [AS-6233] – Fixed an issue which would cause clouds to z-fight to death when viewed from distance and turn into a flickery soup.
- [AS-6190] – The required resource icon at the subterranean Engine on Glacio has been changed to match the resource’s tool tip.
- [AS-6114] – Removed the erroneous mention of Oxygen on the gas resources tab of the Astropedia
- [AS-5902] – Removed erroneous smoke effects on the Shuttle Wreckage Thrusters.
- Client desync and performance drops on all platforms. (Update: We are working furiously to ease the pressure on the host machine in order to fix this. Turns out MANY non relevant items were being rendered (items below ground in caves for example) so we are working on implementing an unreal engine feature that will help this issue tremendously)
- Exiting Tractors will sometimes cause clients to catapult into space and subsequently suffocate. (Update: Verified that is happens when pressing “enter” twice before entering. Should be fixed in next week’s update)
- Vehicles will sometimes not respond to input, causing repeated enters and exits before resuming normal operation (Update: turns out this might happen when other inputs are held while entering. Should be fixed in next week’s patch)
- Some modified terrain nodes will sometimes lose collision, causing players to quicksand into them. (Still debugging this issue. Seems like deformation is causing terrain node math to get into a weird state. Hoping to have this fixed next week)
- Crashing on loading before the start menu (This seems to impact players on windows 7. If you are having this problem there is a workaround you can use while we work on the fix.
- If you crash while in a shuttle in orbit, the shuttle will remain in orbit and your starting point might get broken. We have a solid repro of this and are tracking a fix.
Glad we got some of the gameplay bugs that impact the most players! Looking forward to continuing to squash gameplay bugs and get performance in line with what what we expect on all platforms!